Sunday, November 23, 2008

If Wishes were Horses


DSC_0708, originally uploaded by jake orr.

Sometimes I think I should carry my camera everywhere with me.

I made a trip to Vernon today to have brunch with the momskis. Then I helped her rip out some carpet in her house. As a side note I recommend wearing gloves when ripping out carpet. On my drive to Vernon in the morning there was a gorgeous blue sky and the reflection off the lake completed an amazing image. This was the first instance of the day where I was wishing for my camera.

The second happened on the way home when there was a blazing sun tearing through clouds near the horizon during my drive home. Looking down the valley the layers of hills were slowly obscured in more and more cloudy haze. It was a beautiful picture.

It's times like these when all I want is my camera. It doesn't matter that I was trying to make it to a wine seminar I was doing for work and that time was getting short. I just wanted to capture it. Either picture would have made a fantastic blog photo for the week. Well, these things happen. Maybe I've learned some lessons. Or maybe I'll just be happy capturing amazing sights like these in my mind. I'll just have to share them using words rather than photos.

2 comments:

kaare.iverson said...

and well shared at that...also, I love this photo

Angie Pants said...

Yeah, what Kaare said.