Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another Shot in the Dark


Pleasantly Surprised, originally uploaded by jake orr.

I don't know why, but when I write my blog titles I get this irresistible urge to use lame, cliche phrases that I've heard a million times. I hope they don't hurt you too much. I'm sorry, I just can't help it.

Since I was so happy with my night shoot last week with Christina I thought I'd put up my other favorite photo from it. It was white balance that made this shot. I hadn't set up for the type of light (or lack of) that I was in at this point and it gave me this great orange backdrop. That combined with this gnarly tree branch really makes a pretty picture. Also, I'm really happy with my manual focusing skills this night. It's not something I've done much of and I was happy to see I could make it work.

On another photographic note I have good plans for putting up some photos around my house! It's going to involve topographical maps, pictures of adventures, and a lot of greatness. I can't wait! You'll have to come by my new place and check it out! (once I actually get some up, that is).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. This is a great pic but I want more...post a new entry already!

-famygar

jake said...

Whoa, my bad. Sorry folks technical difficulties (I moved). The photos are going to be coming back up real soon!