Monday, January 19, 2009

Hey Everyone, Look What I Can Do!


DSC_1223, originally uploaded by jake orr.

Yeah okay so I'm excited and I felt a second-in-a-week photo was warranted.

I went out shooting last night was Christina, and had a great time! I always say how I'd like to practice some more night photography and I finally got around to doing it. Getting this photo was mostly what got me excited about the night, although I did get some other good ones. Nothing to top this lovely though, I'd say.

This picture is from the top of the first rise of Hartman Hill in Kelowna. I was setting up on the road to get that foreground telephone phone into full-frame wide-angle-ness. I had taken a few test shots when, to my surprise, a car started making it's way towards us. I clicked the shutter and hoped that it wouldn't hit me. Luckily I was in the other lane, no other cars came from behind, and the shot was timed beautifully. Everything combined resulted in this beautiful shot which I am, so far, very happy with.

No comments: