Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ponderous Poet


DSC_0024, originally uploaded by jake orr.

I haven't been making enough time for photos. I have hardly been making any time for them of late actually. This is unacceptable, I know. Next week I promise I'm going to have a brand new, yet unseen photograph to present. You're going to like it.

So I've never gotten into film. Film as opposed to digital, I mean. And when I say 'never gotten into' I actually mean never even tried it. Ever.

Okay, well I had a film camera when I was a kid, but I haven't had one since I've been into photography and just recently I came into owning two of them! My dad lent me his old Pentax SLR which I'm pretty excited about trying out once it comes back from being repaired and cleaned. The other camera was a Christmas present from the lovely Christina. She got me a pinhole camera that I will be putting together soon. It's pretty official looking, as in it actually looks like a camera, not just the box with a hole in it that you made in high school.

Once I start actually using these new toys I'm going to have some film to deal with and that's when more learning comes in! I'm going to learn the development process which is something I have no experience with. It'll be fun! I'll keep you updated on progress and see if I can post some of what I get online. Watch for it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your efforts darling. I look forward to seeing the results.

Angie Pants said...

Dude, I just got a Lomo (Holga) last week. My first roll of film should be done tomorrow. I'm so excited that I want to jump up and down and just hug everyone.

Think you'd be interested in having one? For the body (which includes flash in four colours), a fish eye lens and two rolls of 120 film, it costs about $125 CND.

Also, wicked blog. I can't wait for new photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool! You're going lower tech, and I'm going higher! I just had my first Programming for Artists class...fill ya in later.

druslin,
Jesse